Skip to main content

Love is an overrated emotion

Nothing here is a fact, this is only opinion, no just rant of a young adult idiot. Turn around now, if you don't like rant or profanity or profanity-laced rant. When I say love, I strictly mean the romantic form of it; and I hate that I even have to say that, why do people have to add love to everything? parental love, baby love, candy love and so on... that's just plain stupid.

Love is problematic not just because some people use it to manipulate others, but because it is a powerful emotion. So how it is problematic for everyone if only some use it to manipulate, the rest plain minded people will be bound by a strong feeling for each other, isn't it good? No, because even though love is strong emotion it starts to wear down after the purpose is fullfiled, and that brings me to the purpose of love.

Purpose of love is to pro-create, you can decorate it, put a shiny gown, powder it with glitters, but the truth remains the same, love exists so that we don't become extinct. In the words of his holiness, Rick, "(Love) Is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hards (Morty), then it slowly fades ...". 


Let's up the ante to the personal level, I fell in love and married the women I wanted to procreate with. My marriage was forced upon me even though I was in love with the women I'm marrying, it sounds paradoxical but I just wanted some time before marriage to mature personally and financially. It seems father-in-law wanted to get rid of my wife whether he finds the boy or my wife finds his man; in all case, she will be chased off home before the end of the year and my wife was skilled enough to guilt trip me into marriage. And I sort of understand now why even love marriages end in divorce when you expect it to be unto death.

Now we are married for 7 years with 2 kids, the chemical receptors are numb now and I'm seriously introspecting our love life. Did she marry me because she felt safe? Did I marry because I thought love marriage is swag? Is it because my father-in-law had the year-end target? or Is it all guilt tripping? Is Rick right? did it hit hard and is it slowly fading? did it leaving me stranded? I hope not.

Look at me, I got married before I could have a proper road trip with my friends. I am not able to convince self that I did the most beautiful thing by marrying the women I love. The trading of (possibly) most enjoyable period of my life, spending own money in a carefree manner for wed-lock doesn't seem fair now. At 23, I was making money that I could have spent on luxurious and frivolous things, I had the power to make decisions and live on my own terms, even the legal framework of India was going through revolution to let people live together without marriage, but I choose to marry! blowing through 2 years of saving! that otherwise would have been spent on car.

Till today I don't own a car, my marriage jinxed my wish to own a car. I let my dick do the thinking and now my life sucks😝 We are perfectly capable of new love, if the one you are in breaks-up, that is why first loves, first wife and shit like that exist. We have made peace with past and moved on, yet we act like the one now we are hitched to will last forever! how idiotic you must be to think like that? on average 70% including me thinks like that. It is clear, love overpowered me into marriage, but why do I think it is overrated? Because of its portrayal in books, plays and films.

I certainly blame GVM and VTV for encouraging me to fall in love and do shit. I had to settle for a watered-down marriage with my in-law either angry or angrily crying all the time during wedding, that's fucked up if you ask me, especially it was forced upon me by them, I wanted to have the same after 3-4 years. It was absolutely cruel to my family, I got pissed off to a point where I got up from wedding dinner and walked off. I got no help from my in-laws when my wife went into labour, delivered babies or the aftercare, it was all my family, and I'm naturally pissed off. Ah! if only this overrated, overpowering emotion was not part of my life, I'd have had a happier life like my friends with laid back marriage and relaxed baby-raising with support of both maternal and paternal families.

The people in love seldom think straight or clear, some will go to the extreme of self-harm and call it the purest form of love. After doing drugs you don't think straight or clear, and if you make a mistake you vow not to do it again, it doesn't matter if you follow through your vow or not, but you will not go about praising and singing songs about cocaine and ganja, but that is exactly what society does to love. People love, then fails to express or fail to carry-on love into marriage but praise about it anyway; that is not how evolution is supposed to work! you should either abolish it or it should become soar grapes at least to you. And a single friend risking their own lives to help a couple in love is the pinnacle of side-effects we have created as a tribe.

We have come to believe that love can never fail, then there is also another side arguing love will never die but lovers can, and I'm like STFU. There is too many suicide or homicide in the name of "expressing pure love"; just like any other emotion love is also recurring, I'm sure if we had moved on, we'd have met another person. Would have been awkward to kiss them at first, eventually, we'd have found the spark, that's biology.

Don't worry about my marriage I have figured out the solution. We got married pretty earlier and so we had the unique opportunity to grow together and it was wholesome and advantageous. I have seen "matured" couple bicker about how the other half was not matured enough to understand the situation, we would have remained oblivious to the situation. Now we are in our 30, fairly matured age, even now we try to remain oblivious. Yeah, that is the solution, "remain oblivious", did you think you'll be able to have an open talk and solve the issue mutually? get fucking married, you'll find ways to not talk; the more a man talks, the more he'd screw up! Why are you still here? are you expecting a moral or something? As I said earlier, this is whining of a young adult idiot, nothing more; probably my messed up sleep cycle is causing me to write scribble stuff like this!

Comments

Popular this month

Puththu kovilum Putho tilesum, as they are built

Its the grand Aadi season here in Tamil Nadu wherever you go you'd be followed by awful noise from no mercy speakers masqueraded as a devotional song. Yes, this is the first post dedicated to it. Hindu is not a religion but it's idealism, a way to unite people, that's perfectly constructed by assuming separate task to every God, no single God worship. Hindus moved from nature worship to idol worship, but that doesn't mean that we don't have nature worship we have created an idol for them and continued to worship them in a different form. Snake is a beautiful reptile, I have made friend with few too... Our ancestor found the natural law, 'every living creature on earth is important for the ecosystem to be balanced'. Maybe to make sure snakes are not killed fearing their venom they made them as God too! Not just idol snakes, they are worshipped as they are at their  conquered (from rats and termite)   nest or  puthu . Puthu as it used to be in open

why do people sweat more in chennai???

One of the famous ornament of chennai is its summer!. Everyone here would have at least once talked about its effect and the way they affected. People comes out with sweats flowing from the body is the usual scene of chennai noon. The sweat produced is not just due to the temperature of the region. It is in fact due to the high humidity of chennai. To explain this lets see a fact, people in chennai sweats more than the people in delhi where the temperature is higher than the former. This is because of chennai's location. Chennai is located near sea due to which sea water evaporation is high during summer which in turn increases the humidity (Amount of water vapour present in air). Normally human blood temperature is about 35 deg Celsius. If the outside temperature is more than that, then our system tries to automatically cools down by releasing sweat from the body. The sweat which is released cools the surrounding heat by converting into vapour thereby reducing the body te

Up and Close with Sudalai Madan: The Encounter

Night of 13th April all the preparations for the rituals were done in the temple, Sudalaimadan swamy was decorated with flowers, fruits and coconuts; the dedications reached above his chest. My cousin Sudalai Muthu, senior priest of the shrine reached home by late-night got blessings of his father Late Shanmugam Sundaram also previous head priest and blessed the family members in room dedicated for God, then started towards the temple. People have already gathered in huge numbers and were waiting for the Sudalaimada Swamy's arrival at Temple. Different rituals were offered by people to the Lord in order to get the blessings. As it is believed Sudaimada Swamy, the son of Lord Siva used to consume meat in Kailash for this reason he is sent to earth, where he can satisfy his earthy hunger thereby not polluting Kailash. Sree Aaladi Padmanabha Sudalaimada Swamy Temple, Kumarapuram Offering meat to Sudalaimadan is the most important and watchful event of the festival. Many devotees off

Perfect Farewell 2011 - New Year Welcome Bajan @ HOME FOR CHALLENGED CHILDREN

Every year from the month of November to January it is Ayyappa bajan season in my life. Usually the place where we perform Bajan would be home (residence) at times it would be temple if requested since we are not professionals neither we charge nor encourage it. Unlike ordinary Ayyappa bajan we do Samprathaya Bajan which follows a fixed format which has always received appreciation. A simple call from an acquaintance whom we met 4 years ago in train on pilgrimage to Sabarimala fixed a date for bajan in “HOME for challenged children” in Anna nagar, Chennai. Since I have just joined a job still in training period I was not allowed to take leave unless it is really an emergency. I decided not to go because I was getting tired of working hard, that week was really tough because of storm. After all that rain and storm on Friday my organization declared a holiday for us on 31 st (Saturday) also the last day of 2011. Without any further delay I decided to go there and update the same on

How to: SCJP / OCJP certification, best practice, chennai

Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer(OCP,JP) is the certification I’m gonna discuss in this post. This certification is offered by ORACLE prior to this Sun was offering it in the name SCJP, in a generic way I’m gonna refer this as OCJP. Here I have given a list of FAQs that you can use. 1. What are the prerequisites or Should I have completed any other exam before this? A: Not required. But it is good that you take mock exams available in various sites before facing the big challenge. You’ll face 60 questions within 150mins you have to answer them and score 61% to clear the exam (37 questions must be correct). 2. What is the best book for this exam? A: I haven’t heard of a book for OCP,JP 1Z0-851 but there is book for SCJP 310-065 which is essentially the same exam but the name was changed once Oracle started to offer the exam. The book is authored by peoples who prepares the examination papers and patterns so they would be the best guide. 3. Is book enough for cert